Coal (Pathfinder Honor)
This honor is presented to those students who complete the requirements for this course and obtain a solid understanding of coal mining.
1 Explain how coal was created? Read Genesis 7 – 8:14
2. List and identify 5 countries that use coal mining as part of their economy.
3. Classify the main types of Coal Mining?
4. Compare and contrast the four main types of coal, correctly identity their unique features, and the BTU’s they produce.
5. Summarize 5 ways coal is used today.
6. Identity from three common byproducts during the coal mining process.
7. Explain the environmental impact concerns and restoration processes used in surface type coal mining.
8. Tour a coal mine and write a one-page review or give an oral report of what you learned from the visit.
9. Draw and arrange the layers associated with surface mining.