Dogs (Pathfinder Honor)
This honor is presented to those students who complete the requirements for this course and obtain a solid understanding of dogs.
- Give the scientific name of the dog family.
- Name five distinctive characteristics of the dog family.
- Identify from pictures or personal observation five wild members of the dog family.
- Gray Fox, Arctic Fox, Pale Fox, Cape Fox, Red Fox, Gray Wolf, Coyote, Dingo, Golden Jackal, Side-striped Jackal, Black-backed Jackal
- Identify from pictures or personal observation 25 different breeds of dogs.
- Afghan Hound, German Shepherd, Golden Retriever, Siberian Husky, Beagle, Border Collie, Rough Collie, Smooth Collie, Boxer, Bulldog, Dalmatian, Saint Bernard, Great Dane, Basenji, Bernese Mountain dog, Borzoi, Whippet, Australian Shepherd, Hungarian Vizsla, Dachshund, Greyhound, Harrier, Labrador Retriever
- Name five contributions the dog family has made to man.
- Give the name of the smallest and largest breed of dog.
- Write or describe orally the value to man of the following dogs:
- Saint Bernard