The Sanctuary (Pathfinder Honor)
This honor is presented to those students who complete the requirements for this course and obtain a solid understanding of the sanctuary and its meaning.
1. Explore and explain how the sanctuary worked and its purpose. Exodus 25-40.
a. Why was the Sanctuary made (Exodus 25:8,9)
b. In Ancient history, how did a person visit the king.
Why is this important in relationship to the Sanctuary?
c. How does Jesus come to us - use the sanctuary to explain.
2. Name the three main sections of the tabernacle complex beginning with the courtyard.
3. Name the furnishing created for each section of the sanctuary. Explain what materials (wood, gold, etc.) were used to make each part. Explain what each piece of furniture represents.
4. Draw a scale model of the sanctuary, the courtyard and the position of all the furnishings. (Remember to add N, S, E, W)
5. Who was Melchizedek and why was he important? (Heb. 7:17)
6. Who is Zerubbabel & Joshua, and why are they important? (Haggai 1:14, Zechariah 4:9; 3:8; 6:11,12).
7. Does the Bible prove that Jesus is a form of a Melchizedek? Show how he is both the descendent of King David and the High Priest Aaron? (Matthew 1:1, 6, 16; Luke 3:23, 27, 31. Luke 1:5-7, 36,37).
8. Explain why the daily and yearly sacrifices in the Sanctuary were made. (Exodus 29:38-39; Leviticus 16:34; Hebrews 9:7; 9:22; John 1:29).
9. Explain how the sanctuary pointed to the prophecy of the 1st and 2nd coming of Christ.
The prophecies that began in 457 BC, is a five part prophecy. Share your understanding of them.
- The first - the 1st coming of Christ in 31 AD (490-year prophecy) (Daniel 9:24)
- The second – the cleaning of the sanctuary in 1844 AD (2,300-year prophecy) (Daniel 8:14)
- The third – the 2nd coming of which no one knows exactly. (Hebrews 9:28)
- The fourth – the earth will rest for a 1,000-years (Daniel 12: 1-2; Revelation 20:1-6)
- The fifth - new Jerusalem comes to the earth (John 14:1-3; 1 Kings 6:20; Rev. 21:16)
10. Read and discuss The Great Controversy page 488 and Hebrews 4:14-16.